Hotel Cortese**A family-run bike hotel in Palermo
Bike Hotel in Palermo
A lovely hotel in Palermo set within walking distance of the city’s bustling street markets, bars, restaurants and Unesco sites. Stay at this Palermo bike hotel and soak in Sicily’s unique atmosphere.
A charming and authentic family-run hotel close to Palermo’s lively Ballarò Street Market in the very heart of Sicily’s capital. If you’re travelling on a budget and plan to spend a day or two in Palermo to experience its wonderful atmosphere then this is the perfect place to stay. With a lovely roof terrace, simply furnished rooms both with shared and private bathrooms and a friendly staff, this bike-friendly hotel in Palermo offers all you need for a short city break.
- Bike-Friendliness 80% 80%
- Easy to reach by bike 100% 100%
- Attractions nearby 100% 100%
- Close to shops & restaurants 100% 100%
OPEN all year
Dry Your bike wear
Address: Via Scarparelli 16, 90134 Palermo
Getting There & Around
The nearest airport is Palermo (aka as “Punta Raisi” or “Falcone e Borsellino”). If you travel with your own bike, you can reach the city on two wheels. Otherwise, you can take the train (see below). If you plan to rent your bike in Palermo, you can take the bus or use the taxi sharing service.
The nearest railway station is Palermo Centrale (check the timetable on www.trenitalia.com). Bikes are allowed on board for free.
The public bus line Prestia e Comande connects Palermo to Palermo Airport (but they do not allow bikes in the luggage compartment).
The nearest ferry port is Palermo (10 mins by bike). Connection from/to Naples, Civitavecchia (near Rome), Genoa and the minor island Ustica off Sicily’s north coast. Check out the ferry connections and rates on ok-ferry.com
Nearby Bike Routes
Palermo Mountain Bike Tour – click here for the itinerary
Things to do & see
- Try Palermo’s tasty street food, we recommend Chiluzzo at the square Santa Teresa (closed in the evenings and on Sundays)
- Visit the Sanctuary of the city’s patron saint Santa Rosalia on Mount Pellegrino (leave your bags at the hotel!), it will take you about an hour to get there by bike depending on your level of fitness. The climb is not too hard and the views of Palermo bay are magnificent!
- Stroll through the famous street markets Ballarò (around the corner), Vucciria (10 mins walk) or Capo (around 10 mins from the hotel). The markets are quite crowded in the mornings so we recommend you leave your bike at the hotel.
Not what you were looking for?
Find out more about the area
Plan your bike trip
Grab a bike and go!
It's time for a holiday