What you need to know
Privacy statement of Inspiring Tours Soc.Coop. (hereafter “Inspiring Tours”, “Our Company”, “we”), owner of the website sicilycycling.com pursuant to the EU Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
Inspiring Tours, with registered office in Via Divisi 26, Palermo, Italy, is the data controller for any personal information we process in relation to you. We are responsible for processing data and ensuring that personal data is processed in accordance with the GDPR.
What data do we collect?
Our website provides information and interactive contents. While you browse our website, we may collect different personal data in different ways.
- Personal data we collect automatically
- Personal data you provide to us voluntarily
You will provide us with personal data when you correspond with us via the website, on the phone or via our social media channels, either on your own behalf or on behalf of an organisation. You will also provide us with personal data when you subscribe to receive our newsletter.
How and why will we use your data?
We will process your personal data for a range of purposes either because we need it to perform a contract or provide a service that you have required or we have a legitimate interest (reasonable business purpose) for doing so. These include the following:
- to reply to your enquiry or request made via our website, our social media channels or on the phone
- to administer your booking and billing information
- to communicate with you by post, phone, email or other electronic media, in order to provide you with relevant information and updates relating to your booking
- to deliver services and facilities to you
- to determine your user experience on our website and ensure the best possible functionality of the website and the contents delivered
- with your consent, to send you our newsletter.
How do we process your data?
We process your data with manual and/or automated methods and we have put specific procedures in place to avoid any loss of data and ensure that your data is safe.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Your personal data may be shared, on a considered and confidential basis, with a range of external organisations as is necessary for the purposes set out above and as permitted or required by law, including the following:
- tax consulting and law firms, couriers, software and hosting providers if necessary, as outlined above
- banks and payment gateway providers
- our team members who are authorised to manage customer relations.
Except as we have explained above, we will not normally publish or disclose any personal data about you to other external enquirers or organisations unless you have asked us to do or have consented to it (see below), or unless it is in your vital interests to do so (e.g. in an emergency situation).
Use of images
Customers booked on tours or renting gear grant us permission to take photographs or film recordings of trips for promotional use on our website, our social media channels and other media, without remuneration now or in the future. Customers agree to assign all right, title, and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to Inspiring Tours. Customers can withdraw their consent by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com.
How long will your data be kept?
As a data subject, each website user, visitor or customer has the right to access their personal data processed by our company and ask for that data to be updated, amended or removed. To do so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy policies of other websites